Benefits of Acupuncture
10 Benefits of acupuncture
One of the main reasons why people are hesitant to try acupuncture and reap the benefits leads to one very fine detail...the needle. Yes! most people are afraid of the needles, much more the idea of having 5 or more needles piercing their skin at the same time. Most compare acupuncture to the needles you'll find at your doctors office. Needles at doctor's offices have a much thicker guage in order to draw blood or administer medicine.
Acupuncture needles are indeed as thin as a hair strand. Acupuncture needle thickness when compared to needles at your doctor's office are like night and day. The guage is thin and therefore creates virtually no pain. Let's briefly go over what I would consider the top 10 benefits of acupuncture.
Keep in mind, health and well-being hold a lot of weight in our day-to-day lives that extend outside the home to the boardroom and beyond. When we are at a more balanced state mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually we can take that positive life force forward into all areas of our daily experiences with loved ones, co-workers and most importantly with ourselves.
- Reduce Stress: Maintain a sense of balance
- Reduce Physical Pain: Joints, Shoulders, Knees, Low back, etc
- Headache & Migraine relief: Reduce pain and mitigate symptoms
- Immunity Boost: reduced colds during winter/flu season
- Calms and restores Digestive distress: IBS, Crohn's disease, etc
- Allergy Support: seasonal or year-round
- Women's Health: Fertility, Menstrual Issues, Cramps, etc
- Insomnia: Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Depression/Anxiety: Chronic or Acute, PTSD
- Mental Clarity: Lacking direction, Unmotivated, Fearful, etc
Read this article on why you should try acupuncture here